Study in Australia
Australia, a federation of six states and two territories, is one of the world's great economic and migration success stories. Australia is a unique, modern and dynamic trading nation of 22 million people with an ancient indigenous history, and a European cultural background.
Australia’s coastline stretches almost 50,000 kilometres and is linked by over 10,000 beaches, more than any other country in the world. More than 85 per cent of Australians lives within 50 kilometres of the coast, making it an integral part of our laid-back lifestyle.
What to do and see: visit the official Australian tourism website.
Be prepared, what is important to know about Australia:
- Australia Currency: AUD
- Australia Telephone area code: +61
- Australia Electricity (plug): Electricity in Australia is 220-240 volts, plug type I. Check out the type of plug.
- Australia Annual events: Darwin Festival (Aug), AFL Grand Final (Sep), Melbourne Cup (Nov), Sydney To Hobart Yacht Race, New Years Eve Fireworks (Dec) and more ”http://www.australia.com/en/events.html”
- Australia Public holidays: check out on Government website.
- Australia Weather average:
New South Wales: 8ºC - 27ºC
Northern Territory: 21ºC - 36ºC
Queensland: 9ºC - 17ºC
South Australia: 10ºC - 30ºC
Tasmania: 4ºC - 21ºC
WA: 13ºC - 33ºC
Find information about transports in Australia on government websites:
Getting around Australia: buses, train and ferries.
Taxis can be hailed from the street and you can also use UBER services that have been increasing their participation around the world. You can download the app on your smartphone.
- Living expenses
Top cities in AustraliaFind courses in Australia Request information
realtimeAdelaideBrisbaneCairnsGold Coast8:01 PMDarwin7:01 PMPerth5:31 PMByron BayCanberraMelbourneSydney8:31 PM
WeatherAdelaide22 °C / 71 °FBrisbane24 °C / 75 °FMelbourne19 °C / 66 °FPerth33 °C / 91 °FSydney22 °C / 71 °F
Weather forecast from yr.no, delivered by the Norwegian Meteorological Institute and the NRK
© 2015 Information Planet