- The Gold Coast is a metropolitan region south of Brisbane on Australia’s east coast, famed for its surfing, long sandy beaches and elaborate system of inland canals and waterways. It’s also home to the Sea World, Dreamworld and Wet’n’Wild theme parks. Inland, hiking trails crisscross Lamington National Park’s mountain ridges and valleys, home to rare birds and rainforest.
From the iconic Surfers Paradise beach to the dining precincts of Main Beach and Broadbeach and out to the lush, green hinterland, there’s a new experience waiting for you at every turn on the Gold Coast. Theme parks, world-renowned beaches and year-round sunshine are just a few of the reasons 10.5 million visitors flock to the Gold Coast each year.
What to do and see: visit the official tourism website.
Be prepared, what is important to know about Gold Coast:
- Gold Coast Currency: AUD
- Gold Coast Telephone area code: +61 07
- Gold Coast Electricity (plug): Electricity in Australia is 220-240 volts AC. Check out the type of plug.
- Gold Coast Annual events: Music in the park (Jun), GLOW (Apr), Commonwealth Games(Apr) and more.
- Gold Coast Public holidays: check out on Government website.
- Gold Coast Weather average:
Summer (Dec - Feb): 25ºC - 32ºC
Autumn (Mar - May): 24ºC - 32ºC
Winter (Jun - Aug): 19ºC - 30ºC
Spring (Sep - Nov): 23ºC - 33ºC
Find information about transports in Gold Coast on government websites: