Study in Brisbane
Fresh experiences, fresh adventures and a fresh approach to life: that's what Brisbane is all about. It's a city where the air is filled with optimism and a sense of adventure is heavy on the ground. You'll be amazed by the attractions, the diverse place to visit and the fantastic range of Brisbane accommodation. You'll also be pleasantly surprised by the open and friendly attitude of the locals.
And no, this is no sleepy town; this is a city with an innovative and vibrant edge, a modern, free-spirited outlook and a determination to do things just that little bit differently. It's about down-to-earth experiences without the sky-high expense; it's about hedonistic pleasures without the pretension. And, of course, it's about a long-standing love affair with the outdoors. From pristine beaches to lush mountain hideaways, from a gently winding river to the aquatic paradise of Moreton Bay, Brisbane truly is a place where feeling alive comes naturally.
What to do and see: visit the official Government tourism website.
Be prepared, what is important to know about Brisbane:
- Brisbane Currency: AUD
- Brisbane Telephone area code: +61 07
- Brisbane Electricity (plug): Electricity in Australia is 220-240 volts AC. Check out the type of plug.
- Brisbane Annual events: The Paniyiri festival (May), Bridge to Brisbane Fun Run, Brisbane River Festival (Sep), Brisbane OpenAIr Cinema (Oct), Brisbane INternational Film Festival and more.
- Brisbane Public holidays: check out on Government website.
- Brisbane Weather average:
Summer (Dec - Feb): 20ºC - 29ºC
Autumn (Mar - May): 16ºC - 26ºC
Winter (Jun - Aug): 10ºC - 21ºC
Spring (Sep - Nov): 15ºC - 26ºC
Find information about transports in Brisbane on government websites:
- Getting around Brisbane: buses, train and ferries.
- The public transport payment system in Brisbane is the Go Card system. Check information on Official Website.
- Taxis can be hailed from the street and you can also use UBER services that have been increasing their participation around the world. You can download the app on your smartphone.
- Living expenses
Top schools in Brisbane
© 2015 Information Planet