Study in JCU Brisbane
Born of the traditional model of excellence in teaching and research, James Cook University has become a modern and dynamic university of truly global standing. University graduates hold top-level positions around Australia and the world, and JCU´ research has a worldclass reputation.
JCU is Queensland’s second oldest university. The first courses were offered in Townsville in 1961 as an annex of the University of Queensland. JCU became a university in its own right on 20 April 1970. Since then JCU became multi-campus university with a total of 17,500 students. Campuses are located in Townsville, Cairns, Singapore, Brisbane, Mackay, Mount Isa and on Thursday Island.
James Cook University is defined by the tropics which makes it unique among Australian universities. JCU is focused on seeking knowledge-based ways to help the world’s tropical regions prosper and shape their teaching and research around four themes Tropical Ecosystems and Environment, Industries and Economies in the Tropics, Peoples and Societies in the Tropics, Tropical Health, Medicine and Biosecurity.
James Cook University is a highly diverse community with many nationalities, cultures, religions and languages. With a modern campus in the heart of the Brisbane central business district, JCU Brisbane offers bachelor degrees and postgraduate programs in business and information technology for international students.
Brisbane is the fastest growing capital city for employment in Australia. It is also great choice for international students with its 75 000 students community from more than 160 countries around the world. Brisbane host Australia's largest Welcome Festival for international students.
campus/Campus InformationNear to:
- Riverside Centre
- Riparian Plaza
- Anzac Square
- Brisbane River
- Central Plaza
Why choose this campus
- Great reputation as University of truly global standing
- Attractive Academic pathways
- Highly diverse community with many nationalities, cultures, religions and languages
- High quality teaching and learning programs
- Completion of studies in a shorter time - three trimesters per year option
- Modern campus in the heart of the Brisbane central business district
- Joblinx employment services - assisting students find part-time and graduate jobs
- World class research facilities and research rich envoronment
- Australia's highest rated university for Employer Satisfaction (2017 QILT Employer Satisfaction Survey)
- Mentor program - enables students to receive assistance from senior students
- Professional internships for hands-on industry experience
- Free access to e-journals database
- Leasure and activity rooms
- LearnJCU - web-based learning system
- High Speed Wi-Fi
OtherBachelor of Business (Hospitality and Tourism Management)Bachelor of Business (International Business)Bachelor of Business (Management)Master of Business AdministrationMaster of Business Administration (Leadership)Master of Information Technology (Computing and Networking)Master of Information Technology (Business Informatics)Master of Professional AccountingMaster of International Tourism and Hospitality ManagementMaster of Information Technology / Master of Business AdministrationMaster of International Tourism and Hospitality Management / MBAMaster of Professional Accounting / Master of Business AdministrationMaster of Education / Master of Business AdministrationStudy Abroad ProgramBachelor of Business (Accounting)very dissatisfiedvery satisfied
© 2015 Information Planet