Who is this visa designed for?
This is mainly for people who want to come to Australia for holidays or to visit friends and family. This type of visa does not allow you to work in Australia.
What does a Visitor visa let me do?
If you are granted with a Visitor visa:
- In most of the cases this visa will have duration of up to one year when applied outside of Australia (12 months – maximum stay of 3 to 6 months from the date of each entry) - note that the period of stay granted will depend on the purpose of the visit and your personal circumstances, so it may vary. If you are applying for this visa inside of Australia, duration tend to be shorter.
- You can study for up to 3 months
- you cannot work in Australia
- This visa can be granted with Multiple or single entry.
- There are different Visitor visa subclasses depending on the purpose of your visit and also the country of passport you hold.
- This visa and individual visa and if coming with family, separate visas need to be lodged.
How can I apply?
Applications for visitor visas are done mostly online, through an Immi Account and you will need *:
- Valid passport
- Intention letter
- Return flight tickets – not a rule, but recommended
- Intended accommodation address in Australia or person of contact in Australia who you are visiting
*in some cases, financial documents might be required, proof of employment and ties to your home country
For more information about visitor visa see here.