What is a share accommodation?
Share accommodation is one of the most popular alternatives of accommodation for students or overseas travelers mostly because there is no contract and all the bills are shared.
It is a great way of meeting people if you have just arrived in Australia. Also, you can learn different cultures and new skills like cooking and cleaning.
At share accommodations usually the room is shared with one or more people and all other rooms (kitchen, bathroom, living room, etc.) are shared with everybody that lives at the place.
What are the benefits?
- Meet people from all around the world
- Improve your English
- No need to worry about furniture and electrical equipment (mostly are fully furnished)
- Split the bills and save some money
- Have the help of your share accommodation manager with any issue you may need (like train timetables, school location, etc.) - note: not all share accommodations have this service
What are the cons?
- Sharing your room
- Dealing with lots of people
- Following the pre determined rules set by other housemates
- Paying the bond - an amount of money (usually two weeks rent) that you have to provide as soon as you move inHaving a minimum stay of four weeks (average)
Did you get excited with the possibility of living at a share accommodation?
Information Planet can arrange a share accommodation for you in Australia. All you have to do is to inform your agent in your home country and we will provide you a place to stay before your arrival in Australia. We cooperate with Austay Accommodation Sydney. In this way you do not need to worry about accommodation and you can also save time and money.
Information Planet has available for all clients an airport pick-up service that drives you directly to your home in Australia.