Perth is the capital and largest city of the Australian state of Western Australia and the fourth most populous city in Australia.
Get active and enjoy the sunshine, natural parklands and beach lifestyle of Perth, one of the country's most beautiful cities and the capital of Western Australia. It's also know for the friendliness of the locals, who make visitors feel at home.
The weather is fantastic, the beaches are clean and uncrowded, and the city, situated on the banks of the Swan River, is in a postcard-perfect setting.
What to do and see: visit the official Government website.
Be prepared, what is important to know about Perth:
- Perth Currency: AUD
- Perth Telephone area code: +61 08
- Perth Electricity (plug): Electricity in Australia is 220-240 volts AC. Check out the type of plug.
- Perth Annual events: Australia Day Skyworks (Jan), Perth International Arts Festival - PIAF (Feb), A Taste of the Valley Festival (Mar), Festival of Maples (Apr), Claisebrook Carnivale (May), Stewart Park Festival (Jul), Artrage Festival (Oct), Fremantle Festival (Nov), RAC Channel Seven Christmas Pageant (Dec) and more.
- Perth Public holidays: check out on Government website.
- Perth Weather average:
Summer (Dec - Feb): 18ºC - 40ºC
Autumn (Mar - May): 12ºC - 21ºC
Winter (Jun - Aug): 9ºC - 18ºC
Spring (Sep - Nov): 12ºC - 30ºC
Find information about transports in Perth on government websites:
- Getting around Perth: buses, train and ferries.
- The public transport payment system in Perth is the Smart Hider system. Check information on Official Website.
- Taxis can be hailed from the streets and you can also use UBER services that have been increasing their participation around the world. You can download the app on your smartphone.
- Living expenses
Top schools in Perth
© 2015 Information Planet