Study in Melbourne
Melbourne is Australia's second-largest city, and the capital of the south-eastern state of Victoria, located at the head of Port Phillip Bay. Is the cultural capital as well, with Victorian-era architecture, extensive shopping, museums, galleries, theatres and large parks and gardens. It’s 4 million residents are both multicultural and sports-mad.
Melbourne attends major sporting events and has great places to explore such as Grampians National Park, The Great Ocean Road, and Phillip Island where you can see the penguin parade.
What to do and see: visit the official Government tourism website.
Be prepared, what is important to know about Melbourne:
- Melbourne Currency: AUD
- Melbourne Telephone area code: +61 03
- Melbourne Electricity (plug): Electricity in Australia is 220-240 volts AC. Check out the type of plug.
- Melbourne Annual events: Australian Open Tennis (Jan), St Kilda Festival (Feb), Australian Grand Prix (Mar), The Melbourne Food & Wine Festival (Mar), Melbourne Cup (Nov) and more.
- Melbourne Public holidays: check out on Government website.
- Melbourne Weather average:
Summer (Dec - Feb): 14ºC - 25ºC
Autumn (Mar - May): 11ºC - 20ºC
Winter (Jun - Aug): 6ºC - 14ºC
Spring (Sep - Nov): 9ºC - 19ºC
Find information about transports in Melbourne on government websites:
- Getting around Melbourne: buses, train and ferries.
- The public transport payment system in Melbourne is the Myki system. Check information on Official Website.
- Taxis can be hailed from the street and you can also use UBER services that have been increasing their participation around the world. You can download the app on your smartphone.
- Living expenses
© 2023 Information Planet