Byron Bay is a coastal town in the southeastern Australian state of New South Wales. You can sum up Australia’s easternmost town by saying it’s a melting pot of surf culture, alternative philosophies and hedonistic indulgence.
Unwind in Byron Bay - home to sweeping surf beaches, lush rainforests, great regional dining and new-age retreats. Byron Bay's natural credentials are impeccable. With its gorgeous beaches and lush green hinterland, this NSW North Coast paradise casts a spell over everyone who goes there.
What to do and see: visit the official tourism website.
Be prepared, what is important to know about Byron Bay:
- Byron Bay Currency: AUD
- Byron Bay Telephone area code: +61 02
- Byron Bay Electricity (plug): Electricity in Australia is 220-240 volts AC. Check out the type of plug.
- Byron Bay Annual events: Byron Bay Writers’ Festival (Aug), Byron Bay International Film Festival (Oct), New Year's Eve Community Celebrations (Dec) and more.
- Byron Bay Public holidays: check out on Government website.
- Byron Bay Weather average:
Summer (Dec - Feb): 19ºC - 27ºC
Autumn (Mar - May): 12ºC - 24ºC
Winter (Jun - Aug): 11ºC - 19ºC
Spring (Sep - Nov): 19ºC - 26ºC
Find information about transports in Byron Bay on government websites:
- Getting around Byron Bay: buses.
- Taxis can be hailed from the street.
© 2015 Information Planet