The city of Darwin is the capital and administrative centre of the Northern Territory, Australia. With a population of just over 130,000 it is the smallest of all state capitals in Australia. Darwin has a relaxed lifestyle and unique multiculturalism, where people from over 50 different cultures live and work side by side.
Enjoy Darwin's balmy weather and eclectic food and culture at outdoor festivals, waterfront restaurants, tropical parklands and art precincts. Get a taste of Darwin at Mindil Beach Markets, sail Darwin Harbour and trace the region's dramatic history at museums.
What to do and see: visit the official Government website.
Be prepared, what is important to know about Darwin:
- Darwin Currency: AUD
- Darwin Telephone area code: +61 08
- Darwin Electricity (plug): Electricity in Australia is 220-240 volts AC. Check out the type of plug.
- Darwin Annual events: The Darwin Festival (Aug), Darwin Fringe Festival (Jul), Darwin Waterfront Harmony Soiree (May) and more.
- Darwin Public holidays: check out on Government website.
- Darwin Weather average:
Summer (Dec - Feb): 25ºC - 32ºC
Autumn (Mar - May): 24ºC - 32ºC
Winter (Jun - Aug): 19ºC - 30ºC
Spring (Sep - Nov): 23ºC - 33ºC
Find information about transports in Darwin on government websites:
- Getting around Darwin: buses.
- Taxis can be hailed from the street.
© 2015 Information Planet