Is attaching a cover letter with your resume really important?
Information Planet believes that when a cover letter is attached to a resume, the chances to get an interview increase substantially.
The main aim of the cover letter is to give a brief introduction of yourself. After reading the cover letter, employers will know a little bit about yourself and your strengths and the position you are applying for.
How to do a cover letter?
- Should include information such as, your name and the position you are applying for
- This section describes what you have to offer the employer
- You need to convince the employer that they want to read further and know more about you
- Make strong connections between your abilities and their needs
- Mention specifically how your skills and experience match the job you are applying for.
- Remember, you are interpreting your resume, not repeating it.
- Try to support each statement you make with a piece of evidence.
- Use several shorter paragraphs or bullets rather than one large block of text.
- Conclude your cover letter by thanking the employer for considering you for the position.
- Include information on how you will follow-up.
- State that you will do so and indicate when (one week's time is typical).
- You can follow up by fax/email/call
Check below our template:
To whom Your Name Name Your Address
Address Your Tel.:
To whom it may concern,
I am a student looking for an interesting and challenging part- time job while I am studying in Australia.
As my CV shows, I already have gained some/ a lot/ work experience. In the past my experience was focused on marketing/ hospitality/customer service/ sales. In these jobs, I learned how to adapt to customers’ expectations and deal with a wide spectrum of different people. I have also completed my studies in my home country as ___________________.
Due to my career ambition to work in the Hospitality industry/ customer service, I am highly motivated to fulfill a challenging role in this field.
With my attention to detail and being driven to work hard I can offer efficient support to your team.
I consider myself to be a quick learner, open-minded and very responsible. I also pride myself on being creative, eager to learn, motivated and flexible.
If you need any further information, please do not hesitate to contact me.
I am looking forward to hearing from you soon.
If you need any help, please come to our office or call us on (02) 9283 6161!